Friday, June 1, 2012

Paulo Freire


 

Today I'm going to write about one expert in my field, which is education. Paulo Freire is a great and important reference within education, becoming listed as one teacher who has analyzed the problem of education from a critical perspective.

Some of its main contributions are: 
-Literacy campaigns and criticizes the traditional system of literacy.
-Establishing the idea of pedagogy of change .
-Suggesting education as a practice of freedom. 
-Proposing a pedagogy of liberation, and popular participation.
-Establishing the concept of "Banking Education" as a critique of traditional education and proposed "Emancipatory Education" as the ideal of education and future education.



Paulo Freire is really important nowadays because he gives a more critical  and libertarian perspective of education, changes and criticizes the traditional pedagogy of our times
As a future teacher, this expert is relevant because he gives me a vision of resistance and struggle against a system  that is very difficult to deal with. 

I heard about this author for the first time in school, then I had to read some of his books to various subjects at university and since then I really like his perspective and I would like to apply  it when I become a professional.
   
 

1 comment:

  1. Paulo Freire is the one best exponent of education and emancipatory educational

    ReplyDelete